Physical Preparation Coach
Gabriel Huang, Physical Preparation Coach
Gabriel Huang is an accredited coach by both the National and International bodies for Wrestling. He has completed an overseas Olympic Solidarity Coaching Diploma Scholarship for Wrestling from the University of Physical Education, Hungary and holds a Bachelor of Exercise & Sports Science degree. Besides his academic accolades, Gabriel is also a 6-time National wrestling champion who has represented Singapore internationally across 3 continents. He draws his inspiration, knowledge and flair for coaching from his first wrestling coach, Sergei Beloglazov a former 2-time Olympic Champion who has taught him to be a strong advocate of imparting correct skills while keeping lessons fun and challenging. Apart from wrestling, Gabriel has also trained and competed in a variety of other combative martial arts.
Gabriel is a Physical Preparation & Olympic Wrestling Coach with a keen interest in martial arts, youth sports development and rehabilitative training. Over the past 8 years, he has had the opportunity to train and work with some of the top coaches in the world, one of whom was a 6-time World and 2-time Olympic Champion. Although Gabriel has coached clients ranging from age 5 to 65 of varying fitness goals and aspirations, he finds greatest accomplishment in assisting youth athletes in their physical preparation for sports participation.
Gabriel believes in the importance of imparting correct technical movements and skills in order for his clients to achieve positive results in health, sport & fitness.
- Edith Cowan University, Australia – Bachelor of Exercise & Sports Science
- University of Physical Education, Hungary – Olympic Solidarity Scholarship, International Coaching Diploma in Wrestling (Valedictorian)
- Singapore Sports Council/Wrestling Federation of Singapore – Level 2 Wrestling Coach (NROC)
- United World Wrestling – Level 1 Wrestling Coach
- Meerkats Wrestling Club – Head Coach
- Singapore Sports Council – Youth Sports Coaches programme
- Ministry of Education – National Standards for Youth Sports
- International Jeet Kune Do (Mark Stewart lineage) – Level 2 Instructor
- CrossFit Level 1 trainer (2011 – 2016)
- POSE Running Method – Level 1
- 2-time SEA Games Competitor (Wrestling)
- 6-time National Champion (Wrestling)